People all over the world are required to stay at home during this COVID-19 pandemic. This is the best effort that we can contribute to hopefully flatten the curve sooner than later. Many people are probably bored now since we cannot go out, we cannot meet up with friends, and we cannot go on with our usual routine. But it’s just a small sacrifice for the welfare of many and for our own safety as well so we must thrive and survive.
Well, in this article, we will discuss some tips to help you spend your time at home productively and hopefully help us get through this tough time.
- Read a book – reading a book is very therapeutic. It helps you take your mind off the worries and stress specially during this crisis. So, pick up a book that has been on your bookshelf for a while now.
- Learn something new – this is also a great time to learn something new like cooking, baking, photoshop, video editing and so on. There are many free tutorials available online and it is best to take advantage while you have time to spare. This is indeed something that will keep you occupied during the day.
- Exercise – when was the last time you exercise? Well, you probably always utter your excuse that you are busy with work and stuff thus you do not have time to work out. Well, you now have all the time in the world so you might as well exercise. You can do whatever suits you – run in treadmill, lift weights, yoga, dance or whatnot. But of course, you need to do everything at home.
- Work at home – you can also work from home using the computer and the internet. This is indeed something that we can be thankful about that we are living in a modern world. You can also find other ways to earn during your time at home. You can start your own website. There’s no need for big budget to do this. You can even find a discount domain, free templates and really cheap web hosting package. You can also do vlogging if you prefer to create video content. There are many job opportunities that you can try during your free time at home.
- Sleep – during normal days, you’re probably too busy that eight hours of sleep is just impossible. Well, you can have decent and quality sleep now. It’s time to catch up on your sleep to give your body strength and energy that you need to face this crisis.
Staying at home is just a small thing but if everyone will be obedient, it will definitely make a big difference. It’s not like we are required to fight a war so let us be thankful. Some people like doctors, nurses, grocery staff and other front-liners are making a big sacrifice and the best way to repay them is by making sure that we are following the guidelines of social distancing and keeping safe at home. There are many ways to ease boredom at home just like what we discussed in this article.